BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Are you ready to make the commitment to the badge? Only 4 days remain to apply for Cadet Class 102!
The first step in the application process is to visit the Louisiana State Police Commission’s webpage, fill out the initial application, and e-mail before midnight on October 17th.
For more information, contact your local Public Information Officer or a recruiter at LSPRecruiting@la.gov or go to lsp.org/recruit.html.
You can also contact Sgt. Monroe Dillon at Monroe.Dillon@LA.GOV.
You can find a list of qualifications below:
• Be a United States Citizen.
• Have a minimum of
• Two (2) years of experience as a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certified peace officer in a full-time position, whose job duties include armed duty with the power of arrest, (jailer/correctional officer experience does not qualify); or
• A minimum of sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university, (must provide transcript or degree); or
• Any two (2) year combination of Options 1 and 2 above, whereby thirty (30) semester hours will be equivalent to one (1) year of experience; or
• Three (3) years of continuous active military duty in the United States Military, (must provide a DD-214 or letter from current commanding officer verifying service), effective October 1, 2001.
• Be of good moral character.
• Pass a written examination with a competitive score.
• Undergo a physical agility evaluation, including a drug screen.
• Pass an extensive background investigation, including a polygraph examination.
• Pass an oral interview.
• Pass a thorough medical examination.
• Possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license at time of selection.
• Successfully complete the required State Police Training Academy program.