FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Federal authorities say a man on trial in Fargo, North Dakota, has slashed his own throat in the courtroom and died.
North Dakota U.S. Marshal Dallas Carlson said the incident happened Monday afternoon after a jury returned a partial guilty verdict against the man, who had faced terrorizing-related charges.
Carlson says the jury had left the courtroom, but U.S. District Judge Peter Welte, courtroom staff and others witnessed the incident.
Court security officers and deputy marshals attempted live-saving measures in the courtroom.
- Study claims East Baton Rouge Parish Prison has the highest death rate in the state
- One victim speaks out after judge drops charges against Derrius Guice
- Second suspect in 2018 double homicide in Raceland is found guilty
- Greater Baton Rouge Crime Stoppers reports increase in tips
- Former LSU Baseball coach Paul Mainieri accepts key to the city