NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — Saints’ linebacker Demario Davis and his family are celebrating a big “off the field” victory. Their youngest daughter Carly-Faith is cancer free. She was diagnosed with a rare form of eye cancer called retinoblastoma.
Mother Tamela Davis says the adversity caused the family to press into their faith and pray hard for a breakthrough, and they stayed positive through the journey.
Carly-Faith is now in remission and the family is very thankful. Tamela says their goal is now to bring awareness for more funding and research.
She says although Carly-Faith can only see with one eye, she will thrive in life and her story will serve as an inspiration to many people.
“I see her future being really bright. This is just the beginning, she has so much more life to live, and I’m sure there will be other things that will go along with this story that will give her a tremendous platform,” said Davis.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration