BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – DEMCO has reported an 82 percent increase in meter-restorations with 20,786 outages remaining.
Updates by parish:
- Ascension Parish: The vast majority of members on Harry Savoy Rd. will be restored on or before Sep. 12; in the Galvez on or before Sep. 15; in Summerfield on or before Sep. 16; on Greenfield Crossing, Stevens Rd., Redbud Rd. off of Airline Hwy, and Maurice Bourgeois on or before Sep. 18; and in St. Amant, Prairieville and Gonzales on or before Sep. 20.
- East Baton Rouge: Areas that are expected to be restored on Sep. 9 are Oak Place, Delores Dr. and Manchester. Perkins Rd. can expect power to be restored on Friday, Sep. 10. Huntstock Rd., Wood Acres, Henry O’Neal will have power by Sep. 12, as well as in neighborhoods in the Central/Greenwell Springs area. Areas on Hwy 37 are expected to have power by Sep. 18.
- East Feliciana: The Woodland area can expect to have power by the Sep. 16 and members in Felixville can expect to have power by Sep. 13.
- Livingston: The vast majority of members in the areas of Frost, Colyell, Satsuma Rd., Denham Springs, Springfield Rd. West and Hwy. 63 will be restored on or before Saturday, Sep. 11.
- St. Helena: According to DEMCO, the east side of St. Helena is devastated and transmission infrastructure requires rebuilding. Portions of Grangeville, Darlington, and Greensburg Stations are energized but major damage to Greensburg east side will take weeks to restore and rebuild. Repairs in the Chipola and Colemantown areas are underway and remaining areas west of Greensburg and south of Darlington require extensive repairs. DEMCO has to rebuild spans of line between Hwy 1045 which crosses the Tickfaw River.
- Tangipahoa: Members can expect to be fully restored by Oct. 4.
DEMCO gives restoration updates daily through their website.