DENHAM SPRINGS, La. (BRPROUD) – The mother of Remy Hidalgo is announcing that her son has died.
The news broke in a Facebook post from Ashley Roberson.
Livingston Parish Public Schools released this statement regarding the death of Remy Hidalgo:
Today, the Livingston Parish Public School family and community mourns the loss of one of our student-athletes, Remy Hidalgo, a junior at Denham Springs High School.
Everyone is very saddened by this news. We all were praying and hoping for his recovery.
School counselors will be available today and in the coming days for any students or faculty who may need assistance. We ask for prayers today for his family and this community as we struggle with the loss of such a special young man.
A candlelight vigil was held for the former Denham Springs High School player on Wednesday.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room