BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Denham Springs High School STEM and Robotics Center will host its first-ever summer camps in June and July, offering four different times for students to attend.
The camp, called Ms. Moore’s Science Allstars Camp, costs $175 per participant and will be held at the following dates and times, according to Livingston Parish Public Schools:
- Monday, June 21 to Saturday, June 26 from 9 a.m. to noon
- Monday, June 21 to Saturday, June 26 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, July 19 to Friday, July 23 from 9 a.m. to noon
- Monday, July 19 to Friday, July 23 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
DSHS AP Environmental Science and Chemistry Teacher Ms. Moore will host the camps and immerse incoming fourth, fifth and sixth graders in five scientific disciplines. The schedule for the camp is as follows:
- Monday — biology
- Tuesday — chemistry
- Wednesday — physics
- Thursday — environmental science
- Friday — space
Funds obtained from the camps will go toward Denham Venom, the DSHS Robotics Team.
To register, click here.
- EBR Schools plans to improve the district and is receiving feedback from the community
- Gov. John Bel Edwards expects to end federal unemployment soon
- LSU coaches embrace new TAF president
- To alleviate crowding, Baton Rouge animal shelter will waive all adoption fees this week
- Meet Companion Animal Alliance’s dogs of the week, two Husky-mix sisters