BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — An armed Denham Springs man allegedly tried to rob Pelican State Credit Union on Monday morning, according to the Denham Springs Police Department.
The robber demanded money from bank tellers and brandished a small handgun, which he used to threaten the tellers, according to DSPD.
It’s unclear if he took any money.
Police arrived after someone engaged a silent panic alarm, but the robber fled before officers arrived.
Shawn Debourbon is accused of the crime, and officers from the Baton Rouge Police Department apprehended him shortly after the incident, according to DSPD.
He will remain in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison until he is released to DSPD.
- ‘You move forward,’ Community rallies behind Denham Springs couple that lost home to Easter Sunday fire
- Louisiana deputy arrested after inquiry finds jail brutality
- Confederate monument to stay on national register after move
- Trial to start for white man accused of killing Black men
- Analysis: Louisiana lawmakers plan return to old tax debates