BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Denham Springs Police Department is searching for a suspect accused of shooting a man dead in a hotel parking lot near Home Depot early Friday morning.
After officers responded to a call that there was a body in the parking lot of Carom Inn, located at 2311 Home Depot Drive, investigators soon named Evan L. Cloninger, 30, as the suspect.
Cloninger is accused of shooting 36-year-old Mark A. Melancon to death after several people were involved in a physical altercation, according to DSPD.
Cloninger allegedly fled on foot afterward.
He is described as being around 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighing 185 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. The name “Emily” is tattooed on the left side of his neck.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts or on the shooting can call DSPD at (225) 665-5106.
- Rally calls on Dems to break filibuster, push through agenda
- Capital Area United Way to honor community members in annual Celebrate the Power of Women awards
- Popeyes offers ‘I Don’t Know Meal’ for the undecided diner
- Louisiana Workforce Commission launches “Back to Work Louisiana” campaign
- LSU’s Skupski, Venus qualify for Tokyo Olympics