LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – The Denham Springs Police Department (DSPD) is on the lookout for brave men and women who want to serve their community as police officers.
DSPD send the invitation out via its official Facebook page Wednesday (August 10), urging interested individuals to contact them for more information.
To become an officer, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Present a valid civil service test score
- Lack any sort of felony or domestic violence convictions
DSPD says embarking on a career as a police officer comes with the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Police retirement
- Vacation and sick pay
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Supplemental pay for Louisiana Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.)
For additional information about becoming a Denham Springs Police Officer, contact Sgt. S. Sterling at (225) 665-5106 extension 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org