BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announces that 11 projects across the state may be underway shortly.
11 contractors have placed “low” bids totaling $91.4 million to begin working.
“This second letting of October will yield several more improvement projects throughout the state,” said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. “We have several major projects to replace bridges and rehabilitate existing pavement in different parts of the state. Projects such as these will result in easier commutes and improved safety for motorists going about their daily lives.”
The projects, along with the bid amount are as follows:
- Replacement of bridges along LA 534 and LA 534-S between LA 2 and Haynesville in Claiborne Parish — $18,221,992.40
- Replacement of creek and relief bridges on LA 151 in Lincoln and Union parishes — $10,944,469.50
- Replacement of Boeuf River Bridge on LA 132 in Richland parish — $6,392,865.80
- Kansas Lane extension at US 165 in Ouachita Parish — $17,725,486.80
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 3276 between US 171 and I-49 in DeSoto Parish — $14,326,213.85
- Various roadway overlays in Ascension Parish — $3,797,650.23
- Overlay and drainage on LA 450 between LA 38 and Mississippi state line in Washington Parish — $3,494,810.97
- Milling, patching, and overlay on US 167 between Donahue Ferry Road and US 165 in Rapides Parish — $10,494,249.82
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on Post Oak Road between Burton Street and Aubrianna Lane in Calcasieu Parish — $4,143,343.92
- Crossing surface reconstruction of Union Pacific Rail Road on LA 1 at Evergreen Road in Iberville Parish — $1,141,879.70
- Construction of sidewalks, handicapped curb ramps, and drainage along LA 40 in Tangipahoa Parish — $694,290.83
Construction projects are prioritized by condition, the urgency of improvement, levels of traffic, and other factors.
For more information about these projects, visit the DOTD website.