BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Last week, a statue was vandalized outside of a prominent church in the Capital City.
That statue sits outside of St. Joseph Cathedral.
A spokesman for the Diocese of Baton Rouge provided this response to the defacement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus statue:
“A statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus outside of St. Joseph Cathedral’s Parish Office was defaced with vulgar graffiti overnight this past Thursday. This has now been removed. Persons of every religion should pray that all seeking respect also seek respectful ways to achieve their wishes.”
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room