Distillery recalls gin after accidentally selling bottles full of hand sanitizer

News

AUSTRALIA (CNN Newsource) – Remember when alcohol distilleries started pitching in to make hand sanitizer instead of booze for a while?

It’s a great idea… So long you keep track of what is in what bottle.

An unfortunate labeling mix-up at an Australian gin distillery left one customer sick after she mistakenly drank hand sanitizer.

Apollo Bay Distillery has since recalled the bottle involved in the mix up after the customer became sick with a headache and nausea.

For anyone who does accidentally ingest hand sanitizer experts say it’s not toxic. But even though it won’t kill you it can cause some pretty nasty digestive distress.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories