BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – With Tropical Storm Zeta lurking in the Gulf of Mexico, parishes are providing sandbag details to the public.
- Darrow Fire Station
- Butch Gore Memorial Park, 14550 Harry Savoy Rd., St. Amant
- Ascension Parish Fire Protection District No. 1, 13192 Airline Hwy., Gonzales
- Stevens Park, 4323 Cannon Road, Gonzales
- Jackie Robinson Memorial Park, 35638 Coco Road, Geismar
- Galvez Lake Fire Dept, Joe Sevario Rd.
- 7th District Fire Dept, Roddy Rd.
- St. Amant Park
- Highway 431 curve in Lake
- Kleinpeter Rd.@ Ridge Rd.
- Buxton Rd.
- Prairieville School, Parker Rd.
- Tullier Subdivision
West Bank locations are:
- Modeste Park
- Brusly Township Road
- Lemannville Park
- Abend Park
- Saint Jude Subdivision/DPW West, Church St, Donaldsonville/Palo Alto Fire Station
Residents need to bring their own shovels.
Requests for service should be made to the Citizens Service Center at 225-450-1200. At the
same time, sign up for the Everbridge Emergency Alert System.
East Baton Rouge Parish:
Sand and Sandbag Locations
As a precautionary measure, City-Parish officials in coordination with BREC Parks and Recreation, have pre-positioned sand and sandbags at 8 strategic locations throughout the Parish. Residents are encouraged to practice social distancing guidance while at each location and bring their own shovels to fill the sandbags. To view sand locations go to gis.brla.gov/emergency.
Sand and bags are available at the following BREC sites:
- BREC Airline Highway Fairgrounds – 16072 Airline Highway
- BREC Alsen Park – 601 Old Rafe Mayer Road
- BREC Cadillac Street – 6117 Cadillac Street
- BREC Doyles Bayou Park – 7801 Port Hudson-Pride Road
- BREC Flannery Road Park – 801 S Flannery Road
- BREC Hartley-Vey at Gardere Park – 1702 Gardere Lane
- BREC Lovett Road Park – 13443 Lovett Road
- BREC Memorial Stadium – 1702 Foss Street
St. James Parish:
Parish President Pete Dufresne has declared a state of emergency ahead of Tropical Storm Zeta. Impacts from the storm could be as early as Wednesday afternoon, with landfall expected Wednesday night.
Operations crews are preparing pump stations, continuing to clear debris from storm drains and ditches, and collecting curbside tree limbs from residents. Utilities crews are ensuring all equipment is operational and back-up systems are in place.
Five self-service sandbag locations will open at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 27 for St. James Parish residents. Sand and bags will be available; please bring a shovel.
- Grand Point Fire Station – 32122 Highway 642 Paulina, LA 70763
- Vacherie Fire Training Center – 29126 Health Unit St. Vacherie, LA 70090
- Kingview Street Fire Station – 8120 Kingview Street, St. James, LA 70086
- Gramercy Water Plant – 407 East Jefferson Highway, Gramercy, LA 70052
- Lutcher Water Plant – 1132 Lutcher Avenue, Lutcher, LA 70071
Residents should prepare home and business properties by securing objects that may impede drainage or become projectiles. Also, remove any debris from catch basins and storm drains. All residents are encouraged to gather essential supplies and prepare for power outages.
Residential garbage service will resume normal routes. Routes for the rest of the week will be dependent on weather conditions.
St. James Parish officials are monitoring weather conditions and have been in contact with the National Weather Service and the Governor’s Office of Homeland Security to receive the latest weather forecasts. Residents should also monitor local weather stations for the latest updates.
Notifications will be posted as new information is received and as the forecast changes. Stay tuned to the St. James Parish Facebook page for the latest updates. To sign up for emergency text messages and e-mails, visit www.stjamesparishla.gov and click on ‘Notification Alerts’ button on the homepage.
St. John the Baptist Parish:
Sandbag sites open today from 10:00 a.m. until weather permitting.
- St. John Community Center
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy)
- Ezekiel Jackson Park
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park
- Wallace Fire Station
- Lucy Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled:
(Limit 10 pre-filled)
- 425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
St. Tammany Parish:
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions
- Disney to lay off 4,000 more employees amid pandemic