LAKE COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) – The Lake Humane Society needs monetary donations to get a dog medical care.
Penny is a Pit Bull Terrier mix.
She was found chained up at a home in Lake County in the sun without water, shade, or food.
The Lake Humane Society says she struggled to stand and had trouble breathing.
Lake Humane and Painesville police were able to rescue Penny, but she still has some health challenges.
Penny suffered from a heatstroke, which caused extreme dehydration.
She is underweight and has kidney and liver problems.
This week, Penny’s back legs collapsed. She needs radiographs so medical staff can plan the best treatment.
Penny is on antibiotics and liver medications and has a special kidney diet.
Penny is just one-year-old and resting comfortably.
Click here to donate to her medical fund.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Mayor-President Broome “pleased” with Baton Rouge efforts to ease COVID-19 spread
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- LDH confirms 5,262 total deaths due to COVID-19, 163,928 confirmed cases