BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to a reported blaze at a home in the 10000 block of Avenue J on Wednesday night.

Firefighters arrived at this location around 6:30 p.m. and “found the occupant and their multiple dogs uninjured outside the home,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

BRFD attacked the fire with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.

Firefighters “observed smoke coming from the eaves and fire from the house’s middle portion,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

The fire was extinguished in a little under ten minutes.

Fire investigators were summoned and they concluded that a malfunctioning water heater caused the fire.

Thanks to the efforts of firefighters, damage was contained to the middle portion of the home.

BRFD said that “the rest of the home sustained smoke and water damage.”

The home sustained $81,000 in damages.

BRPD, EMS, Entergy and the Red Cross assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.