ST. MARTINVILLE, La. (KLFY) — The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) has notified the St. Martin Parish government that the pontoon bridge in Butte LaRose should be closed immediately and until further notice for safety concerns.
The parish government said in a press release that it has made arrangements to evauate which repairs are needed, and they hope the closure is brief.
- Tuesday Night: Frosty morning; Warm afternoon
- Get to know Lamont Cole: Metro Council’s District 7 candidate
- Get to know Tenika James: Metro Council’s District 4 candidate
- Fire officials warn of fireplace and chimney safety
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists