NEW ORLEANS (AP) – The wife of New Orleans Saints Quarterback Drew Brees has now apologized for comments her husband made regarding his opposition to Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling during the national anthem. Her Instagram post says “we are the problem.” Brittany Brees shared those words Saturday along with a Bible verse and two quotes from Martin Luther King, Jr. She wrote: “To say ‘I don’t agree with disrespecting the flag,’ I now understand was also saying I don’t understand what the problem really is.” Her husband has apologized several times for his original comments after he received criticism from high-profile athletes and some of his teammates.
- Min wage provision threatens success of COVID relief bill
- Women’s Basketball Hosts Mississippi State in Regular Season Finale
- Police chief warns militia groups ‘want to blow up’ Capitol during State of the Union
- Could LSU lose state funding over controversial “White Rage” book discussion?
- Olympics gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges