SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Walker holds Fourth of July Celebration
- Visit Baton Rouge asking residents to rediscover the Capitol City during the holiday weekend
- Mayor Broome reminds residents to mask up during holiday weekend
- Home Improvement tips during a pandemic
- St. Francisville’s fire work show still on, city asking residents to socially distant during the display