SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sarasota police say a driver was traveling 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone.
Officers spotted the vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed near Southside Elementary Tuesday morning, according to police.
“This is nearly four times the speed limit,” police said in a message on Facebook.
Police said the driver was issued a citation and an automatic court date.
”The safety of our children is our #1 priority. Please slow down,” the post continued.
- Baton Rouge councilwoman targets racial equity with new city ordinance
- Baton Rouge dealership collects supplies for victims of Imelda
- ‘Baton Rouge’ to be featured on new sneaker by Nike and Cleveland Brown’s Odell Beckham Jr.
- Baton Rouge breweries amp up events for Louisiana Craft Beer Week (Sept. 23-29)
- Saturday Evening: Rain chances on the decline; above average temps. into fall