St. Landry Parish, La. (KLFY) — A person is dead after a crash in St. Landry Parish early Monday morning, according to Louisiana State Police.
Around midnight, police say, they were notified of a single-vehicle crash on LA Highway 182 near Judson Walsh in St. Landry Parish.
On scene, police say, an initial investigation revealed that the crash occurred as the northbound driver in a Dodge Charger ran off the roadway and struck a tree.
With the driver still inside, police said, the vehicle caught fire on impact.
The driver died at the scene.
Due to the severity of the burns, a standard toxicology sample was unable to be obtained for analysis, police said.
It may take some time to make proper identification, Trooper Thomas Gossen said.
He said the crash remains under investigation.
- Former LSU LB Patrick Queen hosts first ‘Level Up’ Football Camp
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- Denham Springs Police Department searching for suspect accused of killing man near Home Depot
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Motorcycle driver dies in Ascension Parish crash after colliding with pick-up truck