BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The East Baton Rouge Parish Council on Aging announced it will be closed Wednesday and Thursday due to Hurricane Laura.
EBRCOA staff ensured on Tuesday that Meals on Wheels recipients received their meals for Wednesday and Thursday ahead of time, according to EBRCOA spokesperson Angell Jackson.
EBRCOA had previously given out face masks, bottles of water and flashlights with batteries in preparation for Tropical Storm Marco, which has already made landfall.
- Get to know Lamont Cole: Metro Council’s District 7 candidate
- Get to know Tenika James: Metro Council’s District 4 candidate
- Fire officials warn of fireplace and chimney safety
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy