BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The East Baton Rouge Parish Library’s Children’s Services Department has planned free, in-person programs for children throughout July.
Members of Baton Rouge Police Department’s Mounted Patrol Unit will make multiple visits to local libraries. Children age 6 and older and their families will be able to meet the officers and their horses, according to EBRP Library spokeswoman Kayla Perkins.
All Mounted Patrol Unit appearances will take place at 10 a.m. outside of the libraries, and the EBRP Library asks that attendees wear masks and social distance.
Mounted Patrol Unit officers and horses will make appearances at the following locations and dates:
- Wednesday, July 1, at Main Library at Goodwood
- Thursday, July 2, at Pride-Chaneyville Branch
- Wednesday, July 8, at Delmont Gardens Branch
- Thursday, July 9, at Scotlandville Branch
- Wednesday, July 15, at Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch
- Thursday, July 16, at Zachary Branch
- Wednesday, July 22, at Bluebonnet Regional Branch
- Thursday, July 23, at Central Branch
- Wednesday, July 29, at Eden Park Branch
- Thursday, July 30, at Carver Branch
Wink Danenberg, who has entertained children with his juggling abilities for more than 20 years, will make five appearances at area libraries, according to Perkins.
Children between the ages of 7 and 11 are invited to attend the free program, in which they will make their own juggling balls and receive a juggling tutorial from Danenberg.
Masks will be required, and the program will be configured to adhere to social distancing recommendations. Adults must accompany children 8 and younger. Registration is required, as each program is limited to 25 children. Parents can register their children for the program by calling a library directly.
The following is a list of dates and locations for which the program will take place:
- Tuesday, July 7, at Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch
- Thursday, July 9, at Zachary Branch
- Monday, July 13, at River Center Branch
- Wednesday, July 15, at Bluebonnet Regional Branch
- Friday, July 17, at Main Library at Goodwood
Juggling programs will be available at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.