BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The East Baton Rouge Parish School System is planning to assemble a parent advisory council, and it’s accepting nominations to fill seats on the council.
EBRPSS is looking for one parent or guardian from each school in the district to join the council, according to an EBRPSS press release.
“We want to hear from as many people as possible about what we can be doing better, what we’re doing well, and where they might need more resources to support their child’s learning in the home,” EBRPSS Superintendent Dr. Sito Narcisse said. “In order to be a district focused on every student, in every classroom, every day, we need to hear from those closest to the children, and I am excited to learn more from the families we serve.”
Parents and guardians can nominate themselves or others through a nomination form provided by the school district. Nominees must have a child currently enrolled in the school they wish to represent.
EBRPSS plans to have council members meet once a month from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Instructional Resource Center, according to the press release.
“The purpose of the EBRPSS Parent Advisory Council is to connect and empower groups of stakeholders through focused discussions and collaboration,” the press release reads. “The council will cover a wide array of topics such as improved college and career readiness strategies; social and emotional learning; safe and healthy school environments; and comprehensive student support services.”
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Funeral services set for Seacor Power Capt. David Anthony Ledet April 21
- Friday Night: Heavy rain tonight; Heavy rain tomorrow; Finally dry Sunday
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store