BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Dozens gathered to line up six feet apart to participate in early voting for the 2020 election season.
At the Louisiana State Archives social distant stickers, hand sanitizer and mask were available for citizens to practice safety guidelines while waiting to vote.
“I waited about 30 to 45 minutes, the line was moving, people were social distancing so everything was fine,” voter Gwen Grass said.
One voter spent her lunch break placing her early vote.
“I wanted to be one of the first ones to cast my vote during this very important election season,” Tracy Woods said.
Early voting will continue until Oct. 27 from 8 a.m.- 7 p.m. Polling location will be closed on weekends.
Voting locations can be found here.
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Large earthquake off Alaska prompts tsunami fears, fleeing