BATON ROUGE, La. (BRProud) – 106 people have now died due to the coronavirus in East Baton Rouge Parish.
Seven more people have died since this same time on Monday.
The ages of the latest victims ranged from 61 to 94.
EBR Coroner William “Beau” Clark released this statement about the most recent victims:
My office has seven (7) confirmed COVID19 related deaths to report.
During the last 24 hours, my office has investigated the deaths of 7 East Baton Rouge Parish residents who were each tested and found to be positive for the COVID19 virus:
- An 81 year old male, who died at his nursing home on 4/16/2020. His test result was received on
- A 63 year old female, who was admitted to an area hospital on 4/4/2020. She died on 4/20/2020.
- A 94 year old female, who died at her nursing home on hospice on 4/20/2020.
- A 61 year old female, who was admitted to an area hospital on 4/16/2020. She died on 4/21/2020.
- A 92 year old female, who died at her nursing home on 4/21/2020.
- An 84 year old female, who died at an inpatient hospice facility on 4/20/2020.
- A 69 year old female, who was admitted to an area hospital on 4/17/2020. She died on 4/19/2020. This death was not called into us on the 19th by the hospital.
Each of these patients had co‐morbidities present.
This brings our total COVID19 related confirmed deaths to 104 East Baton Rouge Parish residents, and 2 deaths of out of state residents (both from the Woodville, MS area) at Baton Rouge area hospitals. Our condolences are extended to the families and friends of those lost to this disease.