BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)— The East Baton Rouge School System wants to make sure no students go hungry during the Christmas holiday break.
The district has become the sponsor of a holiday meal distribution program for youth, 18 years and younger.
EBR has successfully set up a student home delivery distribution system with Focus Foods, Inc
preparing/freezing the entrée and packing all other food to meet quantities and types of food required by USDA.
The East Baton Rouge School System’s child nutrition director, Dr. Nadine Mann says never before in the history of the national school lunch and breakfast program has such an effort been promoted to include providing meals to students in neighboring school districts.
If a student is in need of meals during the break, families can fill out a form available through the school system’s website.
This tri-parish endeavor for students runs during the winter break between Dec 19th and January 4, 2021.
- Sexual Trauma Awareness and Response team pushes for more change
- Bayou Manchac to be cleaned out to prevent flooding in multi-parish drainage project
- Free emergency response training available in October
- Parliamentarian dashes Senate Dems immigration hopes
- Baton Rouge teen stars in film inspired by her grandfather, to compete in film festival