BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Gun violence is going up in the Capital City, according to East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner William “Beau” Clark.
In the early afternoon hours on Sunday, a 48-year-old man died after sustaining gunshot wounds in Baton Rouge.
That was one homicide out of 104 so far in 2020.
That means EBR has made it passed last year’s homicide numbers with over two months to go.
“At this time last year EBR was at 67 homicides” and finished the year at 97, according to East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner William “Beau” Clark.
BRPD Chief Murphy Paul recently held a news conference about the spate of shootings in the area.
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID risk assessment heading into Thanksgiving
- Severe Alert: Marginal Risk for severe storms on Wednesday; Wet stretch of weather through the holiday weekend
- Experts warn public of flammable hand sanitizers
- Suspects ‘caught in the act’ of two separate burglaries in Louisiana
- 10-year-old sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit in Louisiana