BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office was recently tipped off to the possibility of drugs being distributed in the area.
An investigation ensued involving EBRSO Narcotics.
That investigation led to a request for two-search warrants and an affidavit warrant.
Those warrants were for 48-year-old Bobby James.
According to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office, “On December 16th, 2021, Narcotics Agents with assistance from EBRSO K-9 apprehended James and executed search warrants.”
The search warrants were executed at locations on Silverleaf Ave. and N. 46th St.
Investigators seized these items during the searches:
- 7.6 pounds of powder cocaine (street value $103,000)
- 7.7 ounces of crack cocaine (street value $9,250)
- 1.3 pounds of heroin (street value $40,000)
- 1.9 ounces of black tar heroin
- 21.2 grams of methamphetmaine
- 5 dosage units of pressed Fentanyl pills
- 5.6 ounces of marijuana
- 73 dosage units of Morphine pills
- $32,365 (pending seizure)
- Cobra .380 handgun
- Keltec 12 gauge shotgun
- Knight .50 cal. rifle
- Astra 9mm semi auto handgun
EBRSO Narcotics, EBRSO K-9 and EBR DA Office CSU all helped with this investigation and arrest.
James is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison facing these charges:
- Distribution of Schedule II (Cocaine)
- PWITD Sch. I (Heroin)
- PWITD Sch. I (Black Tar Heroin)
- PWITD Sch. II (Fentanyl)
- PWITD Sch. II (Powder Cocaine)
- PWITD Sch. II (Crack Cocaine)
- PWITD Sch. II (Meth)
- Poss. of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Poss. of a Firearm with CDS
- Agg. Flight
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Bond has not been set for 48-year-old Bobby James.