BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Three men are behind bars after a month-long undercover drug investigation, led by the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities arrested Justin Smith, 31, after undercover agents were able to make three purchases of heroin and fentanyl from the suspect.
EBRSO made two additional arrests after executing search warrants at 11620 Airline Hwy and 2225 College Drive, locations believed to be utilized by Smith.
Cheyone Franklin, 29, and Brandon Picard, 30, both face charges of possession with intent to distribute (PWITD) Schedule 2 narcotics.
Franklin is also charged with PWITD Schedule 1 narcotics, illegal carrying of a weapon with possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Picard faces additional charges of possession of Schedule 5 narcotics. He also had a bench warrant out at the time of his arrest.
Between the two addresses, authorities seized:
– 23.5 grams of methamphetamine (with an estimated street value of $700),
– 27.3 grams of fentanyl (valued at $3000),
– 9.8 grams of marijuana,
– 5.1 fluid ounces of promethazine,
– 2.3 grams of crack cocaine,
– 1.5 grams of heroin,
– .1 gram of cocaine,
– 30 ml of liquid fentanyl (loaded into a syringe),
– Glock 23 40 caliber handgun,
– Rossi .38 special handgun,
– Glock 17 9mm handgun,
– multiple digital scales,
– two presses,
– and $7,500 in cash.
The East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office was assisted by EBRSO SWAT, EBRSO K-9 Unit and the Drug Enforcement Administration Task Force.
- National Coffee Day: Where can I get free or discounted coffee?
- Hispanic Heritage: Quinceañera, a beautiful Latina tradition
- Biden strikes with UAW members: ‘You deserve a hell of a lot more’
- Southern football coach talks about conference game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff
- Shrek’s Swamp now an Airbnb stay in Scotland