BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – EBRSO Narcotics Agents spent the last month focused on someone they suspected was a fentanyl trafficker.
Rashee Scruggs, 39, was arrested after “agents were able to conduct three controlled purchases of fentanyl from” the Baton Rouge man, according to the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office.
What followed was a search of a home on Peerless St. that belonged to Scruggs
An EBRSO K-9 unit and EBRSO Intelligence assisted narcotics agents during the search of the home.
The items listed below were sized during the search:
- 7.5 ounces of fentanyl (valued at $14,000)
- 4.1 ounces of crack cocaine (valued at $4,000)
- 2.7 ounces of powder cocaine (valued at $2,500)
- 4.5 ounces of methamphetamine (pressed pills)
- 19.5 ounces of marijuana
- 3 digital scales
- $9,608 in currency (pending seizure)
Scruggs was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Tuesday, September 20.
The 39-year-old is facing the charges listed below:
- Distribution of Schedule 2 Narcotics (3 counts, Affidavit Warrant)
- PWITD Schedule 2 Narcotics (fentanyl)
- PWITD Schedule 2 Narcotics (cocaine)
- PWITD Schedule 2 Narcotics (crack cocaine)
- PWITD Schedule 2 Narcotics (methamphetamine)
- PWITD Schedule 1 Narcotics (marijuana)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Bond has not been set for Rashee Scruggs.