WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — It’s almost time to cast your ballot in the 2020 election, and while many people are focused on the presidential candidates, there are some proposed changes to the Louisiana constitution and changes in a few parishes.
While amendments to the constitution are important, they are almost impossible to understand.
The following links provide information about the amendments:
- Amendment 1: No Right to Abortion in Constitution Amendment
- Amendment 2: Include Oil and Gas Value in Tax Assessment of Wells Amendment
- Amendment 3: Use of Budget Stabilization Fund for Declared Disasters Amendment
- Amendment 4: Expenditures Limit Growth Formula Amendment
- Amendment 5: Payments in Lieu of Property Taxes Option Amendment
- Amendment 6: Homestead Exemption Special Assessment Income Limit Amendment
- Amendment 7: Unclaimed Property Permanent Trust Fund Amendment
- Sports Betting
- APSO seeking suspects who allegedly took $520 dollars worth of alcohol from Circle K
- Town Hall featuring attorney general to be held Nov. 1 in Denham Springs
- Family using slingshot to pass out trick-or-treat candy
- One ref’s decision cost a man $1 million in fantasy football competition
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office searching for suspect of armed robbery in Watson