MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — A Dodge Elementary School teacher placed in a medically induced coma has died after battling COVID-19.
Last month, Misty McKee was placed in a coma. Her friend, Monica Solomon, says McKee originally thought she had a sinus infection, but she later tested positive for COVID-19.
Mobile County Public School System sent us the statement below in regards to McKee’s passing:
“We are saddened by the loss of one of our teachers, Misty McKee. She was well loved by her students and her fellow teachers. Our thoughts are with her family and with Dodge Elementary during this difficult time.”MCPSS statement
Arrangements for McKee’s funeral are unknown at this time.
- No answer from Brees on future as turnovers end Saints 2020 season
- Local group “Save Our Sons” begging Baton Rouge residents to speak out against violent crimes
- Sean Payton talks possibility of Drew Brees’ final game
- WATCH HERE: Saints- Bucs post game
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Halftime Report: Bucs at Saints