Baton Rouge, La (BRPROUD) As Louisiana braces for what forecasters predict to be a major hurricane, Entergy officials are anticipating widespread power outages across the Baton Rouge metro area.
Entergy encourages customers to monitor local weather alerts and have their storm plans in place. For preparation and safety tips, customers can visit the Entergy Storm Center at entergystorm.com.
Entergy spokesperson David Freese says crews and contractors are on alert and will be ready to safely restore power as quickly as possible if needed. Freese says those crews are going through their pre-storm checklists and making sure that additional supplies, including poles, transformers and other pole-top equipment, are on hand.
Entergy suggests connecting with them via a number of platforms:
- Entergy App – Customers can use the app to report outages or check on the status of power at their home or business.
- Text alerts – Customers can register for outage text alerts through myEntergy. Be sure to update your notification preferences to participate in text alerts. Customers also can sign up for text messages about storm and restoration efforts by texting REG to 36778.
- Entergy Storm Center website – The website has storm safety, preparation and restoration information that is updated regularly.
- Social media – Entergy New Orleans and Entergy Louisiana provide storm restoration updates through their Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Entergy’s View Outages website – The website includes maps that show where outages are located and give information about restoration progress.