BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)— Power outage companies are continuing their work to bring electricity back to hundreds of homes across the metro.
A few families across the area have gone days without electricity. Trees blocked roads, pulling down multiple power sources. Hurricane Delta impacted thousands of homes across Louisiana. David Freese, with Entergy says Hurricane Delta left approximately 320,000 homes in the dark.
Within days, that number fell to 32,000 homes without power. In Baton Rouge, the peak outage was 64,000 homes without power. By Tuesday afternoon, most of the power was restored.
Freese says there’s still more work to be done to help out our neighbors along the southwest portion of the state.
“As Crews start to finish up their work in Baton Rouge and other communities, they’re actually going to travel down to southwest Louisiana and join other crews to help accelerate restoration efforts there,” says Freese.
- Woman accused of elderly neglect, abuse
- Family First: Arc of East Ascension
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers