(CNN) – More than 100 gallons of holy water were dropped across a town in Louisiana.
CNN shared photos of a ceremony that was held Sunday afternoon on Cow Island, which is about 3 minutes outside of Lafayette.
The Diocese of Lafayette said parishioners brought the water from their homes and a priest prayed over it before the bottles were loaded onto a planet.
The water was sprayed onto the town and nearby farms.
- Farmers, experts cautiously optimistic about sugar cane crop after hard freeze
- Southern University student selected for ‘HBCU to Hollywood’ internship and scholarship program
- Women’s Basketball Faces Mississippi State in SEC Tournament Thursday
- #11 LSU hits four home runs in 16-1 win over Southern
- North Baton Rouge church to host mass vaccination event this weekend