BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A resident of the 6000 block of Evangeline Street reportedly shot and killed a man accused of illegally entering the person’s home around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday.
Baton Rouge Police detectives believe that 27-year-old Alddon Smith of Amite was trying to illegally enter the residence through a window when the resident shot him, according to BRPD spokesperson Sgt. Don Coppola Jr.
Smith died at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing, according to Coppola.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration