ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A judge sentenced a former daycare worker to four months in jail for slapping and shaking children in her care.
Sixty-six-year-old Katherine Weitz was also ordered to serve 10 years of probation after pleading no contest on Tuesday to four counts of child abuse.
Officials say she was arrested May 23 after an office worker at the Dream City Academy heard a child crying, checked the video and saw Weitz hitting and shaking children.
No children were injured. Weitz was fired. She told investigators she lost her temper.
- COVID-19 testing ramps up at LSU as students prepare for football season
- Honoring one Of Baton Rouge’s First African-American Teachers to teach African-American History during the 1950’s
- ‘Next Man Up’ mentality for Saints heading into Week 2
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil
- Scammers are exploiting this PayPal policy to rip off online shoppers, BBB says