ORMOND BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A judge sentenced a former daycare worker to four months in jail for slapping and shaking children in her care.
Sixty-six-year-old Katherine Weitz was also ordered to serve 10 years of probation after pleading no contest on Tuesday to four counts of child abuse.
Officials say she was arrested May 23 after an office worker at the Dream City Academy heard a child crying, checked the video and saw Weitz hitting and shaking children.
No children were injured. Weitz was fired. She told investigators she lost her temper.
- PHOTOS: Meet the drivers in Monday’s Daytona 500
- Winn-Dixie, Dudley Debosier partner for Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Baton Rouge man arrested on attempted second degree murder
- PHOTOS: President Trump’s trip to the Daytona 500
- LSU Tigers Basketball Host No. 10 Kentucky at Maravich Center