LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) Racial tensions and protests continue in Lafayette over the police involved shooting death of 31-year-old Trayford Pellerin last Friday night.
Attorneys for Pellerin’s family released a statement Monday in response to Lafayette Mayor- President Josh Guillory’s statement on the shooting.
They cited other arrests of suspects equally violent in nature, in their words, but ended without loss of life.
The family is calling for justice in the death of their loved one and also asking for peace.
Attorney Ronald Haley says the family is demanding accountablity for the officers involved and reject the message of Mayor-President Guillory.
- AIDS testing decreases due to COVID-19, Baton Rouge official says
- Baton Rouge Metro Council District 12 election: Who is Jen Racca?
- Walmart to eliminate $35 free shipping minimum for Walmart+ members
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed