LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — The family of Trayford Pellerin has set up a GoFundMe page.
Pellerin, 31, was shot to death after an altercation with Lafayette Police on Friday, Aug. 21. State Police confirmed that Pellerin was holding a knife and was shot by officers as he attempted to enter a convenience store on the Evangeline Thruway.
Trayford Pellerin was a person who was always to himself. He didn’t deserve what happened to him. He got taken away from his family by the police and we want justice for our loved one. This money raised is going to help us medical wise for anything and any help we may need. I want to appreciate everyone for donating, thank you so muchTreneca Pellerin
To donate, see the GoFundMe page.
- Longtime State Fire Marshal employee dies following lengthy illness
- Department of Corrections investigating inmate attack on two corrections officers at Elayn Hunt
- BREC announces reopening’s around Baton Rouge during Phase 3
- Kamara not focused on historic significance of MNF game vs. Raiders
- Local parent is on a mission to fundraise for student-athletes with Tacklin’ the Heat for Livingston Parish