HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — A 61-year-old man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries after Hoover police say his father shot him during a domestic violence situation.
Saturday afternoon around 2:20, the Hoover 911 center received a call of a shooting at a residence in the 3500 block of Polo Parc Court.
Police arrived at the home to find a 61-year-old man suffering from several gunshot wounds. Additionally, Hoover Fire medics arrived on scene and transported the victim to UAB Hospital with serious injuries.
The victim’s father called 911 to report he shot his son during a domestic violence situation. He was transported to the Hoover Police Department for questioning and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2 million
- Deep South falls behind in COVID vaccine drive
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- New Orleans Saints to host 500 vaccinated workers from Ochsner Health, LCMC Health at Divisional Round game