BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — New Orleans police have apprehended a man and his father after they fled the scene of a deadly shooting in Denham Springs Saturday.
Livingston Parish Sheriff’s deputies arrived to a home in the 25000 block of Homestead Drive around 3:30 a.m. in response to a call about gunshots. Upon arrival, deputies located the body of Jason Baglio, who died of multiple gunshot wounds.
Detectives believe 28-year-old Trace Pigott is responsible for the killing, according to Sheriff Jason Ard.
Trace Pigott fled the scene before deputies arrived, but New Orleans police later apprehended him. He was booked in the Orleans Parish Prison on various charges. LSPO placed a hold on Trace Pigott, and he will eventually be transported to Livingston Parish and processed through Livingston Parish Detention Center on a second-degree murder charge, according to LSPO.
LPSO determined that Trace Pigott’s father, 53-year-old Tommy Ray Pigott, had also fled the scene. He was wanted on the charge of principal to second-degree murder.
New Orleans police have since apprehended Tommy Ray Pigott.
- Rally calls on Dems to break filibuster, push through agenda
- Capital Area United Way to honor community members in annual Celebrate the Power of Women awards
- Popeyes offers ‘I Don’t Know Meal’ for the undecided diner
- Louisiana Workforce Commission launches “Back to Work Louisiana” campaign
- LSU’s Skupski, Venus qualify for Tokyo Olympics