Faulty dishwasher blamed for Baton Rouge house fire

House Fire_1524506917780.jpg.jpg

Baton Rouge Fire Department investigators said a faulty dishwasher caused a house fire.

The first started just after 8:00am Thursday morning at a home at 1945 Oleander.

Investigators said no one was home at the time of the fire but the smoke sensor in the house alerted the home owner. After arriving home she saw smoke when she opened the door and called 911.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area. The rest of the house received heavy smoke damage. Red Cross was called out to help.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories