GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) – FEMA is going door to door in Gonzales on Thursday.
The City of Gonzales Police Department is asking residents to be aware that members of the government agency will be spending the next few days in the area.
FEMA is making the rounds to see if anyone in Gonzales needs help after Hurricane Ida.
CGPD is providing these important tips to residents:
- Never give out your personal information without verifying below first!
- Be sure to identify FEMA representatives vs scam artists.
Official FEMA representative can be identified by:
- Clothing- They have shirts and clothing that says FEMA and is clearly identified.
- Badges- FEMA representatives will have clearly visible name and identification badges. These must have a gold chip to be valid
- Any contactor stating that they are at your residence for a FEMA inspection must show your claim number
Most importantly, make sure to verify all the above points before giving out any of your information.