PLAQUEMINE, La. (The West Side Journal) – With the threat of potential impacts due to Tropical Storm Marco and Tropical Storm Laura, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) is reminding motorists that all ferry service in the state must be suspended when tropical storm force winds reach ferry crossings. According to the National Weather Service, wind is considered tropical storm force once it reaches 39 mph.
For up-to-date information on the ferries, road closures, and other incidents, check http://www.511la.org before you travel.
- Why leadership is natural for Chris Curry
- Locals arrest two men at traffic stop with drug possession
- Historic railroad caboose for sale in Louisiana
- Longtime State Fire Marshal employee dies following lengthy illness
- Department of Corrections investigating inmate attack on two corrections officers at Elayn Hunt