BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Everyone is invited downtown on Friday to help mark a local holiday tradition.
The Festival of Lights is taking place on North Blvd. from 4 p.m until 8 p.m.
Attendees can expect to see the lighting of a 25-foot Christmas Tree, fireworks, music, food, crafts and more.
Mayor Broome is going to lead the countdown for the lighting of the tree around 6:20 p.m.
A basic rundown of what the public will see on Friday can be found below:
Mayor’s Stage Schedule:
- EscoSoulMusic (4:15 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Christmas Tree Lighting w/ Santa and Mayor Broome (6:00 pm)
- Fireworks (6:25 pm)
- Ned Fasullo & the Fabulous Big Band Orchestra (6:25 pm – 8:00 pm)
Community Stage (North Boulevard Town Square):
- Musical and dance performances by local kids performance groups and schools.
Winter Wonderland Activities:
- Ice Skating (River Center 1st Floor Outdoor Plaza)
- Snow Village (Repentance Park)
- Santa’s Gift Shop (Rhorer Plaza)
Holiday Shorts (Hartley/Vey Theatre):
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman
More information about the Downtown Festival of Lights is available below: