FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP/CNN) — More than 3,500 rental cars are damaged or destroyed after a fire near a southwest Florida airport.
The Fort Myers News-Press reports the fire burned at a rental car overflow area near Southwest Florida International Airport.
Firefighters contained the blaze late Friday night. Another 3,850 vehicles were undamaged.
Nobody was hurt, but witnesses told the newspaper they heard several explosions and flames jumping high in the air.
- Tyrannosaurs may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows
- WATCH: Gov. Edwards to make an announcement with LA DOTD
- Montana guide dies after grizzly mauling near Yellowstone
- Sheriff: NFL defensive end wanted for battery in Louisiana
- Local shelter offering adoptions on National Adopt A Shelter Pet Day