BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A fire broke out on Monterey Blvd. shortly before 9 p.m. on Sunday, September 5.

Firefighters arrived at Vina’s Cleaners and found “a fire on the roof sign of the building on fire.”

It took a little over five minutes for firefighters to put the fire out with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.

BRFD said, “they kept the fire from spreading to the interior of the building.”

The structure sustained $12,000 in damages and fire investigators were called to the scene.

“The cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction caused by a bird’s nest,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

BRPD, EMS and Entergy assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene.