ALBANY, La. (BRPROUD) – Livingston Parish Fire Protection District #2 was called to the scene of a blaze on Sunday night.
Firefighters arrived on scene a little before 10:30 p.m. to provide aid with the Albany Volunteer Fire Department.
A large structure fire was found at a shop which was located on Catholic Hall Rd.
According to Livingston Parish Fire Protection District #2, “The contents of the shop and stored fuel for the family generator allowed the fire to progress rapidly.”
On the same night as the fire, the family living at the home had replaced their generator.
Unfortunately, the family “did not notice the orientation of the exhaust was different from the original generator they had been using.”
Investigators determined the cause of the blaze to be siding on the shop catching fire due to exhaust from the generator.
Thankfully, no one was hurt in this fire.