Fireplace leak responsible for Sunday evening apartment fire in Baton Rouge

News

St. George Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at North Jefferson Place Circle in Baton Rouge around 5:43 p.m. Sunday and discovered the cause of the fire was a fireplace flue leak.

The leak ignited combustible materials in the apartment’s attic, according to Eldon Ledoux of the St. George Fire Department.

One apartment sustained major fire damage, and three other units suffered light smoke and water damage. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries, Ledoux wrote.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories