BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A Baton Rouge man suffered minor burns to his arms and legs Thursday evening after he tried to extinguish a kitchen fire for his neighbor.
Occupants of a South Sherwood Boulevard apartment discovered a pot on their stove was on fire after they fried fish. The grease in the pot is what caused their neighbor’s injuries, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesperson Justin Hill.
The neighbor extinguished the fire by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
The fire damage was contained to the kitchen of the apartment, according to Hill.
- Raising Canes voted as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ despite COVID-19 challenges
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- Security heightens around US Capitol as Inauguration Day draws closer