Five people in serious condition after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning on Avenue D

News

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department, Baton Rouge Police Department and EMS are all responding to the scene of multiple people passed out inside a home.

Image courtesy of Michael Johnson

The home is located in the 10400 block of Ave D.

Viewer Submitted Photo

The Baton Rouge Fire Department confirms that five people appear to have suffered from Carbon monoxide poisoning.

The source of the Carbon monoxide seems to be a generator running all night on an enclosed porch.

The five people are being treated and sent to a local hospital in serious condition.

This is a developing story and more information will be shared as it becomes available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories